Spring has almost officially sprung in my neck of the woods. One of the first spring holidays is St.Patrick’s Day! Having quite a bit of Irish in my bloodline (and also being a sucker for a good theme) we always like to throw a little party and celebrate. I have been looking for some fun recipes to make for a festive gathering and I wanted to write a post sharing some of the favorites I have found, so I could share them with my dear readers! I’ve gathered sweet recipes, snacks, appetizers, and a few main courses as well. You should be able to make a fun full St.Patrick’s Day meal for your family and friends to enjoy. Ready to check them out? Let’s check them out!
Here are 15 Festive and Fun St.Patrick’s Day Treat Recipes
1. St.Patrick’s Day Mint Cookies– Starting off this list with one of my personal recipes that I make every year for the holiday. It’s a simple recipe that is easy to make and the whole family loves them. Something about that combination of mint and chocolate is always a win in my book.
2. Leprechaun Veggie Tray– Like I said before, I’m a sucker for a good theme, and getting to take something as simple as a classic veggie tray and make it into a fun centerpiece for a St.Patrick’s Day party is the perfect way to stick to a theme right!? How adorable is this? And it’s super simple to make too.
3. Irish Dirt Cakes– These look super festive and delicious. A simple layered dessert that is sweet smooth, with a nice crunchy layer. And of course, a little bit of green food coloring to tie it all together.
4. Shamrock Punch– Now that we have some treats on our list, we need something to wash it all down with don’t we? I love a good punch recipes. It’s so easy, doesn’t take a lot of prep work, and it makes for a festive piece on your themed party table.
5. St. Patrick’s Day Deviled Eggs– If you ask me what I think every single holiday gathering should have when it comes to food, my answer will always be deviled eggs. It really is the perfect party treat and easy to theme according to your holiday. How perfect are these green delicious looking eggs!?
6. Pot of Gold Mimosa– For these adults at your gathering, this is perfect and refreshing cocktail for the evenings (or mornings, I’m not judging!) festivities. Not only are they pretty to look at, they taste pretty amazing as well. It’s a win-win.
7. Shamrock Cucumber Tea Sandwiches– I am in LOVE with these adorable little sandwiches. They are a perfect 2 bite treat. Nice and light, and a break from all the sweet treats you might have whipped up. They are perfectly festive, and easy to make as well.
8. Traditional Irish Coffee– Now, you know I couldn’t go through this whole list and not add a nice hot cup of traditional Irish coffee right? It’s smooth and rich and the perfect accompaniment to my mint chocolate cookies.
9. Shamrock Pretzel Pops– A little sweet, a little salty, and a whole lot of cute! These would be a great treat for the kiddos to help you make too! They are easy to assemble but they are sure to be a show stopper on your St. Patrick’s Day table.
10. Irish Soda Muffins– I love this idea because it’s everything you love about a traditional Irish soda bread in muffin form! They are warm, full of flavor, and perfect to eat one handed with a little dab of butter on them.
11. Traditional Irish Corn Beef and Cabbage– Probably my favorite dinner time meal to serve all March long, It’s super filling, hearty, and delicious. Plus it will have your house smelling amazing all day long!
12. Irish Whisky Bread Pudding– For those that prefer to eat their alcohol verses drink it I have the perfect recipe for you. A spin on a traditional bred pudding recipe this Irish whisky bread pudding has the nice warm spice of the whisky with all the flavors of bread pudding that you already know and love.
13. Irish Cheddar and Stout Biscuits– Any biscuit recipe is going to be a win in my book, but when you add cheddar and stout into the mix it’s a knock out of the park. These are flaky, warm, and come together in no time. It’s the perfect side to any proper Irish main dish.
14. Guinness Cheddar Dip– Need something to dip those delicious biscuits into? I have the perfect dip recipe for you then. This would also be great for pretzels, chips, or veggies.
15. Mini Ruben Bites– Rounding out this list is the perfect little bite sized savory treat that is sure to wow your guests and delight your taste buds.
There you have it! 15 Festive and Fun St. Patrick’s Day Treats that will be perfect for your holiday table. What are your favorite family recipes you serve for St. Patrick’s day? Share them with us in the comments below!
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day fun? Check out these posts:
- St. Patrick’s Day Printable Coloring Sheet
- St. Patrick’s Day Printable Word Search
- 13 Cool Crafts for St. Patrick’s Day
Check out my other St. Patrick’s Day posts: WordSearch printable, St. Patrick’s Day drinks, St. Patrick’s Day crafts, St. Patrick’s Day Desserts, St. Patrick’s Day recipes, St. Patrick’s Day crossword puzzle printable, 2 crafts and the perfect shamrock cookie without using a cookie cutter, thumbprint craft, beautiful St. Patrick’s Day chocolate marshmallows recipe, and the perfect Irish Coffee.