It’s that time of the year where it’s almost warm enough to wear shorts, but not quite down here in Tennessee. Springtime is the perfect time to get those creative juices flowing, and for me that means it’s time for some new and fun crochet projects. I was looking to make a wearable that was easy, and would not take me more than an afternoon to finish. I knew that my beginner leg warmer crochet pattern would be perfect! They are oh-s0-cute, work up quick, and are a great project for someone who is just starting to dip their toes in making wearable crochet items so I knew I had to share it with my readers who may be interested in this fun and easy project. As long as you know a few basic stitches, and have a few hours you are sure to have you a pair of adorable handmaid leg warmers in no time! Let’s get into how to make them shall we?
Free Beginner Leg Warmers Crochet Pattern
You Will Need:
- Around 325 yards of 4 weight yarn
- 5.5 mm Crochet hook
- yarn needle
DC- Double Crochet
SLST- Slip Stitch
* Pattern notes– this pattern was made for my calves which measure around 14″ around. You may have to use more or less chains at the start of your project to best fit your calf. This can easily be done by measuring your calf at it’s widest point, and chain as many as it takes to fit around your calf comfortably. Also, your chain 3 at the beginning of each row counts as a DC. Happy Crafting!
Written Pattern Instructions:
Round 1: CH 35 (or however many it takes to comfortably fit around your calf at it’s widest point). Join at the 3rd ch with a slst. Be careful not to twist your yarn when you join. (35 st)
Rounds 2-30: Ch 3, place 1 DC in every st across, join with a slst. Fasten off and weave in your ends.
That’s it! Really, I told you all it was going to be simple didn’t I? Depending on how fast you crochet you could have these done in as soon as a few hours. They are SO cute on, and can be worn higher on your leg, or scrunched down for a slouched look. Once you have the pattern down you can customize them in so many different ways too! You can add in different colors, different patterns. I make a new pair for every holiday now, ha! I hope you enjoyed this pattern and your brand new pair of crochet beginner leg warmers!
Looking for more crochet projects? Check these out:
- Free Crochet Water Bottle Holder Pattern
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Beginner Friendly Crochet Wind Spinner Pattern