Happy 2023 everyone! Is it just me or did 2022 just fly by!? It seems like just last week I was getting ready for Halloween and then I blinked and it was a whole new year. The new year has me thinking about new habits, new ideas, and new goals. Not to be cliché, but after all of those holiday treats and heavy eating, I need a reset, and we all know that January is the perfect time to start it right? I’m a big meal planner, so I have been scouring the internet trying to find some simple and delicious healthy dinner ideas to share with my family, and I thought some others out there with the same goals in mind might want to check out some of my favorites I have found so far! I tried to make sure the list was full of different flavors, protein, skills, and styles so there would be something for everyone! Let’s check them out shall we?
10 Simple and Delicious Healthy Dinner Ideas for the New Year
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl– Anything I can make in a slow cooker is already a win in my book. This recipe is full of flavor and spice, packed with protein, and is super simple to make. It also makes for great left overs to take for lunch so you won’t be tempted to eat out the next day.
2. Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs– A healthy twist on a classic meatball recipe that is sure to be a family favorite. Bonus, this recipe is gluten free and low carb!
3. Honey Butter Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli– Shrimp is probably my all time favorite food. It’s quick to make, and you can make it in so many different ways. And if it takes covering broccoli in honey butter and garlic to get my kids to eat it, that’s exactly what I will do.
4.Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Salad– If you are looking for a meat free recipe that still has tons of protein this is the recipe for you. This is also great for dinner on the go!
5. Easy Instant Pot Pho– One of my personal recipe, this pho is super easy to make, packs in the flavor, and keeps super well in the fridge so you can make a big batch and portion them out.
6. 15 Minute sheet pan Beef and Broccoli– We love a quick one pan dinner. Less time to cook and less mess to clean up. This recipe is great for meal prepping as well.
7. Tex Mex Chicken and Zucchini– I always look for a new and different way to get as many vegetables in as possible and if you can make them in under 30 minutes and make them tasty it’s a win in my book for sure.
8. Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Avocado– Another one of my personal recipes that is always a go to for me is this super simple to make salad. It’s fresh and filling!
9. Baked Teriyaki Salmon– I’m a big fan of seafood in general, and as far as fish goes, I think I would say that salmon is my favorite. It can be made in so many different ways and cooks quickly. This meal can be put together in about 15 minutes. Perfect for a busy weeknight.
10. Super Easy and Fun Taco Salad– This is my favorite go-to salad. It can be easily made low carb by switch out to low carb chips, and you swap out the ground beef for ground turkey!
And there you have it! 10 delicious and simple healthy recipes for the new year! Which one is your favorite?