According to the record breaking heat we have today here in Tennessee I’m going to go ahead and declare that summer is officially here. And when it comes to summer time food, bring on those 1 pan meals that I don’t have to stand over the stove and cook, ha! I love the brightness that summer meals bring, and even though it’s hot outside, we still like to bring a little spice into the food so we can wash it down with an ice cold drink. One of my favorite snacks and sides during the summer is Mexican Street Corn, so that got me thinking, how can I turn this into a main meal? After a little digging and light shopping, I was so excited to try my hand at making Mexican Street Corn Chicken! Ya’ll, not to toot my own horn, but it turned out SO GOOD. And the best part is that it is SO easy to make, as you cook it all at once, in one pan. Perfection. And it was a hit with the entire family. Let’s check out how to make it!
Here is how to make my Mexican Street Corn Chicken Recipe
You Will Need:
- 2 pounds bonesless, skinless chicken breast (Cut thin!)
- 2 cans sweet corn (drained)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro (chopped)
- crumbled queso fresco
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Lay your thinly cut chicken breast in a casserole dish and season with your salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper on both sides.
2. In a large bowl, combine your corn, sour cream, mayo, chili powder, salt and pepper (to taste) and lime juice. Mix until well combined.
3. Top your chicken with your corn mixture and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until your chicken reaches a level of 165F internally.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and top with cilantro and queso fresco. If you are looking for a little more heat, sprinkle a little more cayenne pepper on there as well. Serve hot!
See? I told ya’ll it was going to be a super easy recipe! One pan, and under an hour and you have a delicious summer time (or anytime, really lol!) dinner on the table that everyone is sure to love! Serve it along side some chips and salsa and you are good to go! I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to leave a comment if you give it a try!
Looking for more yummy dinner recipes? Check these out: