As many of you might know from reading some of my other posts, I have recently become obsessed with crochet! I LOVE having a hobby that is cheap, fun, easy once you learn the hang of it, and that I can even make a little money from. One of my favorite things when it comes to crocheting is finding new patterns to try. I honestly had no idea how many different things you can make out of yarn! From clothing to pillow, and even stuffed animals and home décor. Their are so many possibilities! When I first started I thought that the only place to get crochet patterns were in books, boy was I wrong. Their are several places to find amazing patterns paid AND free! So I wanted to share some of my favorite places to find crochet patterns with all of you who might be interested in crocheting. Let’s check them out!
Here are the best places to find crochet patterns:
1.Raverly– This is probably my favorite place to find my crochet patterns. They have a great user interface and you can broaden or narrow your search in several different ways. They have paid and free patterns and I love that you can save them all to your library to use later. They also have other fiber craft patterns if you ever want to branch out from crochet.
2.Etsy– A great website that offers a ton of paid crochet patterns for any theme you can think of! It’s easy to use, supports small businesses, and you can instantly download the patterns as soon as you buy them. I also love that you can see reviews from people that have bought the pattern before you to make sure the pattern is easy to read and understandable.
3. Youtube- I know most wouldn’t think of a video sharing website would be a go-to for a crochet pattern but it totally is! If you learn better visually instead of reading, YouTube is the place for you! There are SO many different patterns where the creator will actually walk you through the entire process start to finish on how to make a pattern. And bonus, most people provide a written pattern either in the description of the video, or in the comments.
4. Facebook- Another place some might not have thought of is social media platforms like Facebook! Facebook is a great place to join groups that have people with the same interests as you. I am in a handful of groups that are just for sharing your favorite crochet patterns! And with a group search function you can look for exactly what you are looking for. I have found some of my favorite patterns through facebook groups. I have even gotten to test some patterns from creators before they put them up for sale.
5. Pinterest- Speaking of social media, Pinterest is another wonderful place to find crochet patterns. You can search by type or name or a pattern. There is a good mix of paid and free patterns available too!
6. Yarn Retailors- Lots of shops that sell yarn, also provide some free patterns to use with their yarn! They put them on the inside of the wrappers for your yarn skein, or on their websites themselves. I like using these because they were specifically made for the yarn you are using, and they are almost always beginner friendly.
Where is your favorite place to find crochet patterns? Let me know in the comments below!
Looking for more crochet fun? Check these posts out:
- My favorite places to find crochet supplies
- Free beginner crochet pattern: Slippers
- 7 tips for crochet beginners