My daughter is a huge fan of the King’s Man series itself. So, when they asked me to review it and give it away, right away I knew it was a yes, please! We settled in on a rainy, stormy Thursday to watch it. It has an all star cast who do a good job playing their parts. The movie itself does run a bit long and is slow in parts but over all we did enjoy the film. I’m not a heights girl…so if I’m found dead at the bottom of a ravine then you know I was made to go up and then ultimately pushed. There’s a lot of scenes in this movie that just had me covering my eyes because of the heights. Ugh I just hate heights even in movies. It’s genetic. Just spent time with my cousin and he’s the same way. Just no. That last 30 minutes of scene was rough on me. That’s all I’m going to say about that! If you’re looking for a fun, dramatic, action movie why not give this one a try. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars! Now why don’t you enter to win one below. Just wait for the rafflecopter to load and enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Uncover the secrets of the world’s most stylish spy organization and learn how it all began with the ingenious and action-packed origin story The King’s Man. From masterful filmmaker Matthew Vaughn, The King’s Man explores the mythology of the very first independent intelligence agency. Set in the historic WWI era, the lethal yet impeccably trained spies take on the ultimate mission to save the fate of humanity. Add the film to your Kingsman collection on Digital February 18 and on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD February 22.
Also for fans of the stylish spy series comes The Kingsman Collection. All three films, with bonus features, together for the first time. The collection will be available digitally on February 18 and as a collectible SteelBook on February 22.
The Kingsman Collection will also be available globally on Digital and Blu-ray in the following markets:
- United Kingdom and Ireland
Digital – February 9
- Blu-ray/DVD – February 21
- Australia and Nordics
- Digital, Blu-ray/DVD – February 2
- Germany and Austria
- Digital – February 23
- Blu-ray/DVD – March 10
- Digital – February 23
- Digital – April 28
- Blu-ray/DVD – May 6
Set during WWI, The King’s Man tells the exhilarating origin story of Kingsman, the world’s very first independent intelligence agency. As a collection of history’s worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions across the globe, one man must race against time to stop them.
- The King’s Man: The Great Game Begins Documentary
- A Generation Lost – Discover how the filmmakers created a richly textured story that explores the origins of the Kingsman spy organization.
- Oxfords and Rogues – Meet the phenomenal new cast of characters Matthew Vaughn has assembled.
- All the World’s a Stage – Delve into the meticulous world-building of THE KING’S MAN with interviews, on-location footage, artwork, and details of on-set construction and design.
- Instruments of War – Experience the analog spy tech and early 20th century weaponry utilized in THE KING’S MAN and see a breakdown of the precise execution and evolution of the major stunts and combat in the film.
- Fortune Favors the Bold – Join Matthew Vaughn and his team for music scoring and sound design.
- Long Live the Kingsman – Cast and crew reveal their thoughts about their collective journey through the very special experience of making THE KING’S MAN.
- No Man’s Land – Experience the creative process behind the harrowing knife battle sequence in several stages: rehearsals, storyboards, interviews and on-set footage, culminating with the atmospheric VFX.
- Remembrance and Finding Purpose – Learn about amazing organizations such as The Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes, two U.K.-based resources for recovery, well-being and employment for military veterans. Also hear why Matthew Vaughn strongly supports their mission.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Ralph Fiennes as Orlando Oxford
Gemma Arterton as Polly
Rhys Ifans as Grigori Rasputin
Matthew Goode as Morton
Tom Hollander as King George / Kaiser Wilhelm / Tsar Nicholas
Harris Dickinson as Conrad Oxford
Daniel Brühl as Erik Jan Hanussen
Djimon Hounsou as Shola
and Charles Dance as Kitchener
Matthew Vaughn, David Reid and Adam Bohling
Mark Millar, Dave Gibbons, Stephen Marks, Claudia Vaughn and Ralph Fiennes
Matthew Vaughn & Karl Gajdusek
Matthew Margeson & Dominic Lewis
Based on the comic book
“The Secret Service” by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons
Feature Run Time
Approx. 131 minutes
U.S. Rated R
* Rated R for sequences of strong/bloody violence, language, and some sexual material.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content commercialization and distribution ecosystem that delivers the Company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences worldwide. This entails P&L management and operation of the Company’s portfolio of streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and the ABC-owned stations; theatrical film distribution; content licensing and distribution, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that powers these groups. Using a wealth of consumer insights from across the Company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and commercial impact across platforms, collaborating with creative leaders in Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports organizations.