If there is one thing I love, it’s an easy dinner that is also hot and filling (and not take out because goodness knows I have got to stop eating out so much, ha!). So I waned to share one of my family’s favorite easy meals. My Easy Poppyseed Chicken Bake is easy to make, inexpensive, and is sure to be a crowd favorite. You only need a few ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time too! Let’s check out how to make it, shall we?
Easy Poppyseed Chicken Bake
Here is what you will need to make my easy poppyseed chicken bake:
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast (I throw mine in the crock pot before work and let it cook until I get home)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tsp salt/pepper/garlic mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 sleeve butter crackers
- 2 tsp poppyseeds
Directions for making my easy poppyseed chicken bake
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl mix together your sour cream, chicken soup, mushroom soup, and spice.
2. Shred your cooked chicken (I like to shred mine the easy way by throwing the chicken breasts in my mixer and turning it on, I’m telling you, perfect shredded chicken in under a minute!) Once your chicken is shredded, add it to your bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Transfer your chicken mix to a casserole dish and set aside.
4. Melt your stick of butter in a bowl. Crush your butter crackers and add to meted butter, top with the poppyseeds.
5. Top your chicken mixture with your butter crackers, bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!
See? I told you it was going to be super easy and quick didn’t I? And bonus, if you have left overs, they heat up super well the next day for lunch!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check these out: