Super Easy Air Fried Pickle Spears Recipe
If you were to ask my daughter what her favorite food was, hands down and every time, she would say fried pickle spears. I don’t know what it is about those little fried pickle spears that she loves so much, but she has since the first time she tried them. Now she likes fried pickles chips well enough, but they aren’t her favorite. Not a lot of restaurants around us make fried pickle spears so I knew I had to learn how to make them so I didn’t have to drive the 45 minutes one way to get them from our favorite place. (Which we still make the trip about once a month!). Y’all they are SO simple to make, Only a few minutes of prep time and less than 20 in the air fryer. It couldn’t be much easier. Let me show you!
Here is how to make my super easy air fried pickle spears recipe:
You Will Need:
- Pickle Spears (patted dry)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Instructions for making super easy fried pickle spears:
1.Dry your pickles with paper towels. You want to make sure to remove any excess moisture so your breading will stick better.
2.Grab three shallow bowls or plates with edges. In the first bowl combine your flour, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and half of your salt.
3.In your second bowl combine your buttermilk (make sure you have shaken it well before pouring) and your egg. Whisk to combine.
4. In your third bowl combine panko breadcrumbs, remaining salt and olive oil. Stir to combine until oil is distributed evenly in your mixture.
5.Dredge your pickle spears in the flour mixture, drop them in the buttermilk mixture and then dredge them in the panko mixture until coated evenly.
6. Place your coated pickle spears in a single layer in your Air Fryer. I made mine in 2 batches so each pickle could get extra crispy.
7. Cook your pickles at 400°F until golden brown and crispy. I cooked mine for 5 minutes, and then flipped them and cooked them an additional 5 minutes and they came out so crispy and delicious.
And that’s it! Serve them up hot with a side of ranch and you have a yummy treat that the whole family is sure to love.
Looking for other yummy air fryer recipes to try? Check these out!
Make sure to follow us on pinterest, by email (top of the page) or on twitter to help see all our articles when they come out!
Leave a Reply