Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
If there is one super quick way to my heart, it’s an easy weeknight dinner with very little prep work and very little clean up. This is why my crock pot and my air fryer are my BFF’s in the kitchen. Pot roast is one of my favorite meals. It’s hot, it’s comforting, and it makes great leftovers. Plus your house will smell so yummy while it cooks, ha! So if you like your pot roast with a little kick you are going to LOVE this super simple crock pot Mississippi pot roast recipe! Let’s check it out
Here is how to make my Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast:
You Will Need:
-4 lbs chuck roast
-1 packet onion soup mix
-1 packet ranch seasoning
-1 stick butter
-½ jar of pepperoncini peppers + ½ cup of the juice
Instructions for Crock Pot Mississippi pot roast:
- In your crock pot set it to sear and brown both sides of your meat. (This is an optional step, if your crock pot doesn’t have this setting or you don’t have time to do it, that’s perfectly fine! I just like the flavor it adds to the dish. You could also do this in a skillet before putting your meat into the corck pot.
- Add your seasonings, peppers, and juice to the crock pot.
- Slice one stick of butter, sliced thinly on top of your meat.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until fork tender
- Shred with a fork and serve however you like it! We like ours over mashed potatoes.
Yep, that’s really it. I told you it was going to be minimal prep time! It takes about 10 minutes to prepare (even less if you don’t choose to sear your meat) and you will have a nice hearty meal waiting for you when you get home from work! You can serve it over potatoes, beside some noodles, or even in a sandwich with some melted provolone cheese on top, YUM!
What do you serve your crock pot Mississippi pot roast with? Let me know in the comments below!
Want a different idea for a roast? Try my Sauerbraten roast made in the instant pot! Let me know what you think if you make either of them. Join my facebook page to see all my articles and join in on the fun we have there. Don’t forget to follow me on pinterest, twitter and instagram for more diy and cooking adventures. Then check out my crockpot meals here.