Quick and Easy Peeps Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Some people may disagree with me, but it must be said: Halloween is not the best time for candy, Easter is! I know I know, but hear me out…Peeps are my favorite. The bunnies, the chicks, the chocolate covered, the peeps lollipops, I love them all. While peeps reign supreme to me any time of year, there is something special about those fresh Easter peeps that bring me joy. So when I needed a sweet treat for a work function I knew I had to somehow sneak some peeps in there. Enter my quick and easy Peeps rice krispies treats recipe! I love Rice Krispies treats and the added sugary sweetness of peeps makes them that much better. And the best part? It’s a one pan dish! Let’s check it out!
Ya’ll this recipe could not get much easier. You just need a few ingredients, one pan, and about 25 minutes of your time. It really is that easy!
Here is what you will need to make these quick and easy Peeps Rice Krispies Treats Recipe:
- 20 Peeps (color and shape is up to you!)
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 6 tbsp butter (sliced)
- 1 cake pan
- Non stick baking spray
Instructions for my quick and easy Peeps Rice Krispies Treats Recipe:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray your baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Step 2: Arrange 20 peeps in rows on the bottom of your pan.
- Step 3: Add 4 cups of rice krispies on top of your peeps, making sure that they cover the whole pan evenly.
- Step 4: Place your sliced butter evenly across the top of your pan.
- Step 5: Put your pan in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until butter and peeps are melted.
- Step 6: Pull your pan out of the oven and immediately stir everything together using a silicone spatula and mix until combined.
- Step 7: When everything is well combined, spread evenly again in the pan. Optional: Add any mix ins you would like. We added in some blue sprinkles!
- Step 8: Once you have formed your treats, let them cool completely before cutting. Wrap them up and enjoy!
- See! I told you guys it was going to be a super simple and quick recipe! And I love that when I’m done, I don’t have any dirty dishes to clean up. And no melted marshmallows stuck to any of my bowls or pans ha!
- What would you add into your quick and easy Peeps Rice Krispies Treats recipe to make it your own? Let me know in the comments below! Before you go checkout my Easter peeps brownies, sugar cookes made into whoopie cookies using peeps, Cadbury Easter cupcakes and diy bunny made out of wood that you have laying around…what a fun diy! Before you go follow me on facebook, pinterest and twitter for more fun!