My favorite places to shop for crochet supplies
For awhile I have been trying to find a hobby that I can pick up and get into. Something that will keep me from sitting in front of a TV all weekend eating all the snacks in the house. A hobby that wasn’t too expensive to start, easy to find materials for, and eay (yet fun!) to do. I am happy to report, I have totally found that hobby. You guys…I LOVE crochet. Which is so funny because I never thought I could get into it. I had tried a few years ago and just couldn’t get it. Well with being recently injured and currently healing from a major surgery, I decided to give it another go. It’s now my favorite thing to do. It keeps my hands busy, there are so many things you can learn to make, and as far as hobbies go, it’s really cost effective. And my family loves for me to make them things!
One thing I have learned on my journey into my new crochet hobby (other than I have zero self control when it comes to saying no to buying more yarn) is that there are so many great places to buy crochet supplies! Lots of stores, and even more online suppliers have so much! So I thought I would share with you all my favorite places to shop for crochet supplies! The main things that I look for when it comes to where to buy supplies is price and variety. Because who doesn’t love a good sale and lot’s of things to choose from right!? Let’s check them out…
Here are my favorite places to shop for crochet supplies:
1. Michaels Crafts- Michaels is usually my go to for anything craft related, so it was only natural that it was the first store I went to when I wanted to dip my toe into the crochet waters. They have a decent selection of different colors, brands, textures, and sizes. Michaels also almost always has some type of sale on their yarn. And even if they don’t, you are sure to find a coupon on their app to use! I also love that you can order online and pick up curbside!
2. Hobby Lobby- I’ll admit, I am not a huge hobby lobby shopper, it’s in an area of my town that tends to be super busy and not the easiest to get to…but that yarn selection makes the trip worth it. Out of all of the places I plan on mentioning in this post, hobby lobby has them all beat. Rows and rows of yarn for any project you can think of. And it’s almost always on sale. Not only do they have a great yarn selection, they also have a great selection of other crochet supplies (hooks, pattern books, needles ,etc). The prices are great, and the selection just simply can’t be beat.
3. Joann Crafts- Another local favorite (I am SO lucky that I have so many craft stores near me, but just a reminder for those that might not, all 3 stores mentioned so far have an online store that ships to you!) is Joann’s! Joann’s is another store that is always having a sale, or you can find coupons for on their mobile app. I recently discovered that several times a year they have a HUGE yarn sale where you can get skeins of yarn for as low as $1.50!! Now that is a price you simply can’t beat.
4. Amazon- Yes, it is true what they say, amazon has *almost* anything you could ever need when it comes to crafts (ok, and pretty much anything else). Like this super easy to use pom pom maker that makes making a pom pom SO much easier. They also have tons of sets of crochet hooks, yarn, pattern books, and any other crochet supplies you may need. And the beauty of amazon is the range of prices! You can always find something in your price range on amazon!
5. Facebook- I know what you are thinking, buying craft supplies on a social media network? I’m telling you..yes!! I have found that people jump in and out of hobbies quickly and often, and when they do they want to unload all of their old supplies, and you know you can’t sell them for as much as you bought them for. I checked the marketplace page for my local area and got these amazing light up crochet hooks for under $10 that retail for over $40!! Now that is a win!
6. Hobbii.com- When it comes to shopping online, Hobbii has the BEST prices for yarn online that I have seen. They have tons of different brands and are always having great sales. The shipping time is totally reasonable, and if you sign up for their emails you will be in for coupons and sales. You can also earn points for every purchase that you can then turn around and use to get FREE stuff! Who doesn’t love free stuff right?
There you have it! My favorite places to shop for crochet supplies. Where is your favorite place to shop for crochet supplies? Let me know in the comments.