Are you one of those people who love to do different kinds of trees at Christmas? I love seeing my friends trees who put so much thought and care into them. I’m not that person but I love to see yours! Why not make a beach tree and make this beautiful ornament. See my Mock Starfish Clothespin Ornament below and make one for your tree.
Mock Starfish Clothespin Ornament
DIY Mock Starfish Clothespin Ornaments for a Beach Tree Items needed
● White paint
● White school glue
● Hot glue gun
● Decorative flowers
1. Begin by taking the clothespins apart. You can easily do this by slipping the metal
pieces off of each clothespin.
2. Turn the separated pieces of each clothespin so that they have their smooth flat
sides facing each other. Glue the flat sides of each clothespin together.
3. Paint the glued together clothespins with white paint. You can use any type of paint
you like, but we prefer chalk paint because it dries very quickly.
4. Once the clothespins are dry, begin to glue them together tip to tip in a circle with a
hot glue gun. You can see the photo for reference on how to arrange them.
5. Coat the front of each of the clothespins with a layer of white school glue.
6. Pour glitter onto the glue and shake the excess off into a garbage can.
7. Let the glue and glitter dry completed, and then hot glue a flower or other decorative
object into the middle of your clothespin starfish shape.
8. Use hot glue to attach a loop of ribbon to the back of your mock clothespin starfish to
serve as a hanger.
Do you have themed trees in your house? Would you make a beach themed tree? Before you go check out my other diy ornaments. Then follow me on facebook and pinterest before you go. I hope you enjoy the holidays this season. Come back tomorrow and see what’s new!