This post is sponsored by Savings.com and 3M.
Because we moved not too long ago I thought it’d be a good idea to share a thing or two that I learned as we packed up one house and moved to another. We are currently in our third home in 25 years. If I would have stayed in my first home it would have been paid for by now. Doh! But we love finding homes we love and moving. In the process of moving we have these aha magic moments. The moments where you’re like I need to remember this and let others know the tips I used when we moved. So check out my 5 moving tips to help you get settled into your new home here!
5 Moving tips to get you settled into your new home
Here’s my moving tips. I hope these help you! They definitely helped make our move smoother.
- Make sure you get rid of items you are no longer using. Donate if you can and throw away if it’s broken or no longer able to be saved. Don’t move what you are no longer using. Take this time to get rid of things!
- Utilize everything you have as you are packing. We were so fortunate to be able to move as we lived in our other house. So I packed up laundry baskets and took loads over every single day as I took the kids to school. Then I’d unload and reuse those laundry baskets and more over and over again.
- Make sure you have a Sam’s Club membership. There they have anything and everything you might need for a move. From new furniture, appliances, food, office supplies and more Sam’s club has it all to make your move easier. They also have a nice selection of air filters for your home too. Right now Filtrete air filters are $8 off from now through 11/25 with the Sam’s Club Instant Savings. That’s a great deal!
We’re also giving away a Sam’s Club gift card for $100! 10 winners will win $100 gift card. Giveaway starts 11/12 at midnight EST and ends 11/16 at 11:59pm EST Just go here to enter the giveaway for $100 Sam’s Club gift card.
4. Moving is hard enough having friends and family help is what you need. Make sure you take care of the friends and family that helps you move. Show them you care about them just as they showed you when they showed up to help you move. We took our friends out for a nice dinner after. It was the very least we could do.
We were able to rent a great big truck to load our items on and make the trip over with all of our furniture in it. It was fairly inexpensive to rent the truck and do it ourselves. Then we aren’t on anyone else’s timeline. We’re moving on our own time and getting things done in a timely fashion. If you can hire movers go ahead. We have always done it ourselves.
5. Whatever you do make sure your pets are taking care of during this difficult time. We moved and they were the first thing we moved over. We left them in crates while we were bringing our household items in. But once everyone left we let our 3 dogs and 1 cat out and let them get acclimated to their new home.
We’ve been in our home for a few months now and we do not regret moving at all. If you’re thinking about moving I hope these tips help you make your move easier. What tips do you have for someone who is about to move?