There’s something about a lemon pie during the spring season. This flavor always makes me think of sunshine and warmth. When the weather outside is gloomy, dreary and rain falls down I enjoy making this air fryer lemon hand pie at home. This special treat will be loved by all and surely make a wonderful dessert for any meal.
Follow my step by step instructions on how to make this air fryer lemon hand pie today.
Air Fryer Lemon Hand Pie
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Lemon curd
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup oz freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 large lemons)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ cup chilled unsalted butter, sliced
- Add an inch or so of water to a medium, saucepan.
- Bring water to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized metal bowl beat yolks and sugar vigorously with a whisk until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and salt, whisk until smooth.
- Once the water reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and place a bowl over the saucepan.
- Cook whisking constantly.
- Whisk for 20 to 22 minutes.
- The mixture looks a light yellow color.
- Do not allow the mixture to boil or it will curdle.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in lemon zest.
- Add butter gradually, one piece at a time, whisking well to combine.
- Allow curd to cool.
- Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate.
- 1 cup Powder sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the Air fryer by wiping clean and preheat if needed on your machine.
- Make the filling.
- Using your counter top or cutting board spread flour on top to coat.
- Lay the pie crusts and gently roll them out to ¼” thickness.
- Use a LARGE circle cookie cutter cut out 6 circles.
- Place the circles of dough on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling in the center of the pie dough.
- Brush the edges of the pie dough with beaten egg.
- Fold the dough over, and press the dough down with your fingertips to seal closed.
- Using a fork press around the edges to leave indentations on the edges.
- Brush the top of the pies with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar lightly.
- Place two at a time in the Air Fryer and cook on 380′ for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
Make the Icing
Add icing ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix with a whisk until well combined
Let cool slightly and top with an icing drizzle
I get hungry just thinking about making this air fryer lemon hand pie again. I hope that you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I did.