With the upcoming release of Solo Star Wars story, I wanted to share a delicious snack idea to make with your family. Get excited about the movie release to theaters everywhere (it’s out now) by making up these Chewbacca doughnuts as a snack. These are simple to make and will create a magical family memory together. Enjoy sharing the love of Star Wars from our childhood with your children by creating these doughnuts together.
- 1 Box of brownie mix
- 1/2 C oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C water
- 1 container of milk chocolate fudge chocolate frosting
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1 container of black fondant
- 1 tube of white cookie icing
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 14 tip
- 1 donut baking pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a doughnut pan with pam spray
and set aside
2. In a standing mixer, mix the brownie batter, oil, eggs, and water and
mix until combined.
3. Scoop about 1/2 C of batter into the doughnut pan and bake in the
preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
4. Set aside to completely cool
5. While doughnuts are cooling, place the powder sugar on the cutting
6. Roll out your fondant onto the cutting board about 1/8 inch thick
7. Cut the fondant into 1/2 inch in width strips about 2 1/2 -3 inch in
8. Pipe two dots using the white icing on the black strips for the detail
of Chewbacca’s belt
9. Let the fondant strips dry while you frost the doughnuts
10. Carefully remove the doughnuts and place onto a cookie sheet
11. Scoop the frosting into the piping bag
12. Pipe the frosting all over the doughnuts to make it look like hair
13. Let dry for 15 minutes before placing the belt onto the doughnuts
14. Let dry for another 15 minutes before enjoying!
There you have it, an easy and fun snack idea to get excited about Solo Star Wars Story, hitting theaters May 25th! Will you be hitting the theater to see this film this month?