This delicious chocolate Instant Pot lava cake is such a wonderful option for that special dessert night. The kids will devour every inch of their plate for dinner if they know this lava cake is up next. Gather the ingredients and your Instant Pot and be prepared to have your taste buds blown away! I personally think this a great dessert option for any occasion.
Chocolate Deliciousness Instant Pot Lava Cakes
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate baking chunks
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Coat the bottom and sides of four 6 oz ramekins with non-stick baking spray.
2. Melt chocolate, sugar and butter: In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate for about 1 minute on medium power.
3. Stir and repeat heating at 15-second intervals, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Stir in confectioner’s sugar.
5. Whisk in eggs, yolks, and vanilla.
6. Stir in flour and salt.
7. Pour the batter into the ramekins.
8. Pour 2 cups water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in water.
9. Place 3 ramekins on the trivet. If you have room add the fourth. Depends on your pot!
10. Close the Instant Pot.
11. Place the steam release handle in the ‘Sealing’ position.
12. Cook on Manual high for 9 minutes.
13. Do a Quick Release of steam.
14. Use the trivet to remove the ramekins.
15. Gently flip the ramekin onto an appetizer plate so the lava cake is now on the plate.
16. Sprinkle the lava cakes with powdered sugar.
17. Serve warm with whip cream.
This easy to make, quick dessert idea is perfect for your next family meal. Surprise everyone in your home with this delicious chocolate Instant Pot lava cake tonight!