Looking for a yummy treat to enjoy at your next gathering? I have a recipe for you to use that will surely knock the socks off your guests. These coconut shrimp are delicious in flavor and can be made rather quickly. Even if you need last minute yummy treat idea, these coconut shrimp will do wonders for your hungry belly.
My air-fryer coconut shrimp recipe is a great option. Gather up your ingredients and your air-fryer to enjoy this delicious treat today.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 16 oz large shrimp (about 16 to 20), peeled to the tail
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- spray can of olive oil
1. Set the shrimp on a flat surface that is covered with paper towels.
2. Pat the shrimp dry
3. Place the eggs in a shallow dish whisk.
4. Add your panko, coconut, and seasonings in a separate bowl.
5. Mix to combine
6. Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
7. Dredge each shrimp first in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
8. Place the shrimp on a plate and set to the side.
9. Air-fry the shrimp in two batches.
This air-fry shrimp recipe will surely be a hit for the family. You can even serve it as an appetizer this warm weather season when you have guests over. I personally cannot wait to try these air-fry shrimp at my next barbeque.