What an adorable recipe idea to make while enjoying the Incredibles movie, right? These adorable Mickey Mouse Incredible cookies are sure to delight your children. With all of the talk about Incredibles 2, I figured I would share this delectable treat to go along with the movie. You may not be able to enjoy Incredibles 2 just yet, but you can get excited about the anticipated release of the film as you create this yummy treat. Here’s how to make Micky Mouse Incredible Cookies.
How to make Adorable Mickey Mouse Incredible Cookies
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 mickey mouse head cookie cutter
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powder sugar
- 3 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bottle
- red and black food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla
and egg together until creamy and combined.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda
4. Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined
and a dough forms
5. Once the dough is formed, sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of flour onto a
cutting board and place the dough on the cutting board.
6. Sprinkle some flour onto the cookie dough and roll out the dough to about 2
7. Cut out your cookies and place on the cookie sheet
8. Bake your cookies for about 8-10 minutes
9. Let them cool completely
Royal icing directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium to high
speed until thick and stiff with peaks about 6-7 minutes
- If your icing looks like yellow soup, add another cup of powder sugar
- Once your icing is made, Scoop some white icing into one piping bag and set
- Scoop some icing, about 3/4 cup, into a bowl and add black food coloring and
mix until combined.
- Scoop black icing into the piping bag
- Using the remaining icing, add in red food coloring and mix until combined.
Add in a few more drops of red food coloring to get the shade you want.
- Scoop a small amount into the piping bag and set aside
- Mix in 2-3 tbsp of water into the remaining red icing and mix until combined
- Pour into the squeeze bottle
Using the red icing, outline the mickey heads
Fill in the cookies with the thinned red icing
Let them dry completely overnight
Once they have completely dried using the black icing, pipe on the outline of the mask and the eyes
Using the white icing, fill in the center for the icing with the white icing
Using the black icing, fill in the mask
Let completely dry for 3 hours before enjoying!