Are you looking to find out how to make easy Cuban black beans recipe to serve at your next dinner with the family? Perhaps you’re looking for a side dish to bring to the family potluck. Whatever reason you need a Cuban black beans recipe idea, is fine with me. Check out this easy to make Cuban black beans recipe today, your tummy will thank you.
Easy Cuban Black Beans Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 3 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
1. Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté the onions and jalapeños for 4-5 minutes. The onions will appear translucent.
3. Add the garlic and stir to combine.
4. Add the black beans, water, salt, cumin, and chili powder and bring to a boil. Once it has boiled for about 10 minutes turn it to low and let it simmer for 2-3 hours. Check at 15 minute intervals at the 2 hour mark.
5. Top with fresh cilantro, lime zest and lime juice stir to combine.
Enjoy this easy Cuban black bean recipe with your favorite meal. This will be a great addition to any Mexican themed dinner home in your home.