Are you looking for a fun bunny decor craft to do with the kids? This DIY wood block bunny decor piece will surely be a hit this spring season. This is a versatile decor item that can be used for both Easter and spring season decor. It’s a great way to get excited about the anticipated warmer spring season.
DIY Wood Block Bunny Decor
The perfect DIY craft idea for parents and kids to enjoy together. This step by step tutorial with images will surely guide you forward in creating this adorable spring and Easter decor piece.
- Wood blocks
- Cream colored paint
- Pink pipe cleaners
- Pink craft pom poms
- Googly eyes
- Burlap ribbon with wire
- Decorative craft flowers
- Glue gun
1. Begin by painting your wood blocks with cream colored paint. We used chalk paint because of its ability to dry quickly.
2. Once the block is done drying, cut two lengths of burlap ribbon for each wooden block that you have. You want the pieces of ribbon to be about 6 inches or so, depending on the size of your wood blocks. Make sure to use the ribbon that has the wire edging.
3. Use a hot glue gun to glue the two ends of each strip of ribbon together, so that the pieces of ribbon form a loop.
4. Shape each loop of ribbon into a folded over bunny ear.
5. Glue two bunny ear ribbon pieces to the back of each wood block.
6. Attach two googly eyes to the front of each wood block.
7. Use the glue gun to stick a pink craft pom pom onto the front of the wood block as a nose.
8. Cut pink pipe cleaners into small pieces. You will need 4 small pieces of pipe cleaner for each wood block.
9. Glue two pieces of pipe cleaner onto each side of the craft pom pom nose on the front of each wood block. These will be the whiskers of your bunny.
10. Glue a decorative craft flower to the front of the ears on the top of each wood block bunny.
Have the kids pick a home for your new DIY wood block bunny decor. You’ll surely treasure this spring and Easter decor piece for years to come. Before you go follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram to see more fun, recipes, diy’s and crafts too.