It’s almost Dr. Seuss’ birthday. Are you ready? As a former teacher we always looked forward to Dr. Seuss is birthday. We had so much fun and do so many fun crafts and things. So why not do this quick and easy Thing 1 and Thing 2 popsicle stick puppets. The kids will have fun and you will too. Here’s how you do it.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 Popsicle Stick Puppets
Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 Popsicle Stick Puppets craft Materials:
● Red colored popsicle stick
● White craft paint
● Blue craft foam
1. Draw a Thing 1 and Thing 2 crazy hair shape on a piece of blue craft foam. This can
just be a freehand circle of jagged triangle shapes.
2. Cut out the hair shape from the blue craft foam with scissors.
3. Paint the upper fourth of the red popsicle stick white with craft paint. Paint a circle
area in the middle of the popsicle stick white as well.
4. Once the paint has dried, draw a face onto each popsicle stick in the painted white
section at the top.
5. Use a Sharpie to draw the number 1 inside of the painted white circle on one
popsicle stick, and the number 2 in the painted white circle of the other.
6. Glue the blue craft foam hair shape to the back of the top of each popsicle stick.
How cute is that for a Dr. Seuss birthday craft? Easy and the kids will enjoy making their own Thing 1 and Thing 2 popsicle puppet. They can act out the book with their friends! If you make this let me know I’d love to hear how they came out.