DIY Slime for my Valentine and a free printable
How fun is this idea for a Valentine’s Day card? The kids in class will flip over this. Check out how easy it is to make Slime for my Valentine with the free printable too. I love finding fun (and most importantly, easy!) ways to make custom treats for Valentine’s day to do with my kids. This little craft is perfect for any slime loving classmates your kids might have. And let’s be honest, have you ever met a kid who didn’t like slime?
The thing I love most about this DIY Slime for my Valentine is how many different ways you can personalize it while using the same recipe that I have listed! There are several different colors of glitter glue out there, and you could add any type of glitter, foam balls, or even little trinkets in each slime that you make. It’s fun to take the kiddos to the store and let them pick out exactly what they would want in their custom slime!
Here is how to make this super easy and fun DIY slime for my Valentine:
Here is what You will need to make your DIY Slime for my Valentine:
- 1 Container of red glitter glue
- ¾ and ⅔ cups very warm water separated
- 1 tsp. Borax
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Red glitter
- Small plastic containers with lids
- “Slime for my Valentine” printable Valentine
- Ribbon (optional)
Instructions for making this DIY Slime for my Valentine:
- Start by mixing together 1 bottle of red glitter glue and ¾ cup of very warm water in one mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 tsp of Borax and ⅔ of a cup of very warm water until the Borax is completely dissolved.
- Combine the Borax mixture with the glue mixture and continue to mix until you reach a slime consistency. This will take some time, and you may even eventually want to start mixing and squeezing it with your hands to help it combine more. If there is excess water, you can pour it out at the end.
- Cut out the “Slime for my Valentine” Valentine cards from the printable. slime for my valentine (Just click the link to the left, let it open and right click it and then click print).
- Trace the top of the lids to your containers and cut the Valentines out to sit inside the top of each small container.
- Put the slime into each small container and close the lids.
- Use double sided tape to attach one Valentine to the top of each container lid.
- Decorate your containers with optional ribbon if you choose.
Note: This mixture will fill about 5-6 small containers. You can double or even triple the recipe if needed to make even more Valentines.
See? How easy was that! in about 15 minutes you can have your very own custom DIY Slime for my Valentine for your child’s classmates, teammates, or just friends! Better than candy, will get more use than just a paper valentine, and it’s something you made together. You can even sneak a few educational values in there. You will use math for the measurements, and watch a chemical reaction when combining the ingredients together to make your slime.
Another idea is if you are having a Valentine’s Day party, you can actually make a station where your kiddos party guests can actually make and take their own slime home! So many possibility with this easy craft.
How would you personalize your DIY Slime My Valentine?