Ribbon tree ornaments are the perfect way to add a personal touch to your tree this holiday season with simple supplies and a few moments of time! These are really fun to make and the kids won’t be able to resist helping! See my post on how to make ribbon tree ornaments!
I love to make and give handmade ornaments at the holidays! They make a great way to add an extra layer of love to a wrapped gift or a way to share something pretty with a friend!
I have a simple and pretty idea to share with you today! You can literally make a dozen of these ornaments for under $3! They are fun for the kids to get involved in because assembling them is like a mini puzzle and a craft all in one!
To make these pretty and festive ribbon trees you will need:
- A spool of holiday ribbon
- Chunky Craft Sticks
Here’s how to make pretty ribbon Christmas tree ornament directions:
- Begin by laying 4 craft sticks together, draw the outline of a tree on them.
- Cut the sticks to shape the tree.
- Cut the tiny top triangle from the scraps to avoid wasting a whole craft stick!
- Cut small bits of ribbon to cover the tree shapes. Glue them on and trim.
- Glue the ribbon covered craft sticks onto one more craft stick.
- After gluing all the sections on to the base craft stick, flip it over and add a small loop of ribbon so that you can hang it!
See it made below!
I love that you can mix and match ribbon to create a set of handmade with love ornaments that anyone would be proud to display on their tree!