When my kids hit the door every afternoon they have to take care of two things. The first is their bladder. I’m not sure why they can’t go at school but that’s their deal! And second they have to feed those bottomless pits of stomachs that they have! I don’t know about you but I try to find them healthy snacks to give them each day. So I thought it’d be good to share it with you too. So here’s some great healthy after school snacks to keep them going until dinner. Thank you to vivaNutrition for sponsoring this conversation.
Healthy snack ideas to keep them full until dinner
- I try to give something healthy and delicious like the vivaNutrition super fiber Chia Bars. There are so many things that I love about these bars. They are super moist and tasty. A bit about Chia Bars. These delicious bars combine protein-rich Chia grains with other natural ingredients such as oats, chicory root, fruits and vegetables, all top quality sources of Prebiotic dietary fibers and antioxidants. This in turn makes for happier moms and healthier kids. There’s absolutely no added sugars (all sweetness comes from fruits). That really makes me happy. They’re also non-GMO, no gluten, dairy, synthetic colors or flavors. I liked both kinds that they offer. They’re delicious and have natural ingredients and colors in them. For instance their colors come from beets instead of a red dye. That makes a momma excited. After having friends with kids who were very sensitive to the dyes in food the lack of dyes makes me happy. I’d rather they use natural sources to color them just like vivaNutrition does. This is a great thing. Thanks Viva!
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. I like to serve an apple with peanut butter to keep them tied over until it’s time for dinner as a family. This gives them fruit for energy, fiber for staying power and protein from the peanut butter. It’s another win/win as a mom!
- String cheese and whole wheat crackers are another great way to go to keep the kids full. This gives them protein, a dairy, and a carbohydrate. It’s a great combination of food for kids. Gives them a kick of energy and staying power to make it until I get food on the table.
- Carrots, celery and hummus is a delicious and filling treat. You can get the hummus in many flavors so that the kids can find one they like.
- Hard boiled eggs and a small salad are the perfect pair to keep them full and happy too.
I’m super excited that vivaNutrition is offering a 25% discount should you choose to purchase by using the promo code HealthyKids. Just order from vivaNutrition here and put HealthyKids in as the promo code at checkout. Want to win a prize package of 12 boxes of Super Fiber Chia bars? You read that right…12 boxes!!! Enter below! 3 winners! You can choose between blueberry/carrot or raspberry and red beet flavors!