Who Doesn’t Love Dessert?
I’m the type of gal that will eat dessert first because I just can’t wait till after dinner. I have also been known to skip lunch so I can have seconds of dessert later that evening. I love all kinds of desserts; cakes, pies, tarts, ice cream, mousse. I love them all, but my favorite desserts are cute and single serving size. It just makes life easier in terms of serving and portion control (I do behave sometimes, lol). The cuteness just makes dessert even more of a treat to me. After all we eat with our eyes first.
These Snowman Cake Balls fit both of my requirements. It’s easy to just grab one to eat (ok, maybe two) and they are so darn cute! Kids and adults alike will be charmed by these adorably sweet little snowmen. They are delicious and simply irresistible. They are so easy to make but everyone will be very impressed. I promise you won’t be disappointed with these Snowman Cake Balls.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies regular size
- 16 oz. Ghirardelli vanilla chocolate wafer melted
- 48 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
- Decorations: decorating icing or gel found in all grocery or large box store baking isles.
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended with a food processor
- Shape into 1 " truffles can make up to 48 truffles
- Place in a single layer on a cookie pan
- Freeze the truffles for at least 20 minutes
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate by using a fork and dipping the ball/truffle in the chocolate then tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove some of the extra chocolate.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined pan the chocolate will pool at bottom of each truffle.
- Begin to decorate by adding the eyes and nose. I used the decorators icing to adhere the mini Oreo to the top of the truffle for his hat
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
What’s your favorite kind of dessert?
Are you going to make these Snowman Cake Balls for your holiday party? What other desserts are on your holiday menu? Please share with me in the comments below.