Looking for a sweet holiday treat? Try the Perfect Peppermint Bark Recipe
Well, look no further! I have something here that you are going to LOVE! This delicious, decadent Peppermint Bark is my new favorite when I am craving something sweet. The cooling peppermint makes for a yummy twist on plain old chocolate bark. It’s so quick and easy to make that you will find yourself making excuses to make another batch. I love Peppermint Bark for snacking but it also makes a lovely gift in a tin with some holiday colored tissue paper.
I promise, once you try this you will not be able to stop yourself from going back for more. It’s just that good.
- 1 bag (11 oz ) Ghirardelli White Chocolate wafers
- 1 bag (11 oz) Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate wafers
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 12 Candy Canes
- -Break Candy Canes into pieces. Put those candy cane pieces into a ziploc bag then using a meat tenderizer or hammer turn the candy canes into crushed tiny pieces.
- -Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- -Pour the milk chocolate wafers into a double boiler to melt. Stir often but allow the chocolate to completely melt. Stir the melted milk chocolate until smooth.
- -Pour milk chocolate onto pan. Using a Pam treated spatula level out the melted chocolate.
- -Place the melted milk chocolate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- -Clean the top part of the double boiler.
- -Pour the white chocolate wafers into a double boiler to melt. Stir often but allow the white chocolate to completely melt. Stir the melted white chocolate until smooth.
- -Stir the peppermint extract into white chocolate.
- -Pour the cooled melted white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate. Use a treated rubber spatula to spread the white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate.
- -Sprinkle crushed peppermint over white chocolate.
- -Chill in a refrigerator for 20 minutes.
What’s your favorite go to holiday treat?
Have you ever had peppermint bark before and do you love it? Please share some of your sweet treat ideas with me in the comments below.