5 things you never have to purchase again!
There are certain things we buy that aren’t really necessary. There are some things we can reuse and get more use out of so that we don’t have to repurchase them again. Here’s a few things I bought so that I do not have to buy these items again. It’s good for your wallet and good for the environment!
- Straws Glass straws are so much better for the environment. If you’re going to use a straw make it a glass one. We send so many plastic straws to the landfill and it’s got to stop. We’re creating so much waste just in straws. The glass is better for us and better for the environment and we never have to worry about the plastic ones going to the landfill again while using glass.
- Fabric softener sheets These are so toxic to us. They can easily be replaced with wool dryer balls and aluminum foil balls. The wool dryer balls decrease drying time and soften your clothes. The aluminum foil balls takes away the static cling and leaves your clothes dry and clean. No neurotoxins need come back into your house!
- Laundry detergent I make my own laundry detergent. That way I know exactly what is in it and my clothes get clean with much less chemicals and a less harsh impact on the environment. It’s a win/win.
- Paper Towels I have a ton of kitchen towels. We use them for everything from napkins at dinner to drying our hands while I’m cooking and cleaning. There’s no need to buy paper towels if you have enough kitchen towels to use all the time. It saves you so much money to just use your own kitchen towels.
- Women’s feminine products or disposable diapers They make cloth everything now. Everything is made to be washed in the washer. It’s a wonderful thing. When you use those feminine products you are putting tons of chemicals up close and personal with your body. It’s not a good thing. Once you get used to using the cloth items they’re so much better for you and our home planet. Choose cloth pads and cloth diapers!
Well I’m not trying to get you to change your life. But I’d love for you to give some of these ideas a try. Just to plant a seed and see if there’s someone out there that says, “You know what she’s right. I need to cut some chemicals out and why not save money at the same time!” It’s a win for everyone but especially for you by getting chemicals out of your life and off your body!
Which one of these tips are you willing to try to go without buying?
There are affiliate links in this post. Which means if you choose to buy something through the links I may get a nickel to help keep the site running! Seriously.