Do you love to save money?
Anyone who knows me knows that I truly love saving money. It’s almost like a hobby to me, challenging myself to find ways to save the most money possible in all different aspects of life. The way I look at it, if you think hard enough, you will come up with a way to save some money. I have spent lots of time thinking of little ways to stay within my budget or save some extra money every year. You can save money anytime, anywhere, whether you are celebrating a special event or holiday, buying groceries, shopping online or it’s just a regular day.
How can you save? Let’s count the ways…
I am sure once you read this, you will start coming up with ways to add to the list. Saving money is very motivating. It makes you want to save more and more, so you may even find yourself getting creative in your money saving strategies. For now, I will get you started with some ways to save money anytime, anywhere.
1. If you want to save some extra money each month, one way is to cut your budget. It might seem impossible right now, I mean you are barely making it paycheck to paycheck, right? Well, I can pretty much guarantee that there is at least 1 or 2 places that you could cut back in your budget and still survive easily. If you aren’t sure how, check out these Painless Ways To Trim Your Budget.
2. If saving over $1000 extra in a year sounds good to you, you can challenge yourself every week to make your savings grow toward that goal. Every week you put an increasing amount of money aside to be saved and at the end of 52 weeks you will have reached your set goal. Here is a 52 Week Money Challenge for you to follow.
3. We all know how expensive kids are, especially when they don’t yet realize the value of money. It’s so important to teach them how money is earned and that there are limits to what can be spent. Check out Mommy Is Not An ATM for some great tips on teaching children about money and these 10 Money Saving Tips For Moms.
4. Sometimes, you have to bite the bullet and get a second (or even 3rd) job. If you can find a way to do this from home, it cuts cost including transportation, outside food and possibly even childcare, allowing you to save even more money. Take a look at these 7 Work At Home Job Ideas That Don’t Include Babysitting for some ideas to help you get started.
5. Buying clothing for a family can be a huge expense, but it doesn’t need to be. There are ways to cut costs and still have a stylish wardrobe. One way is to have a clothing swap with friends for your clothes or the kid’s clothes. Everyone can bring a few things that they don’t fit or wear anymore. Then, you all go “shopping” among the other’s items. It’s a great way to save. If you need some other tips, check out How To Buy Clothing On A Budget.
6. Some people say they follow a budget, but they fail to mention it’s in their head. I can’t stress enough how important having a written budget is. It’s so much easier to follow and stick to when it’s on paper. Click on over and print these Free Household Budgeting Tools. You may not believe you need these, but I promise, you’ll thank me later!
7. Different seasons have different expenses. I have found some ways to help me save money all Winter long. A great way to save is by putting blankets or towels at your doorways to keep the cold air from coming in under the door. For more ways to save take a look at these 15 Money Saving Strategies For Winter and Saving Money On Christmas. By the time the end of Summer rolls back around, we all need a little vacation right? Check out these Ways To Save Money On A Labor Day Vacation.
8. My first tip for saving money on groceries is to use coupons and base your meal plan off of the sales circular and your coupons. I do understand that couponing is not for everyone, so for those of you who prefer another way, check out my 8 Ways To Save Money At The Grocery Store Without Using Coupons.
9. Are you hosting a Baby Shower and you have to be the best host/hostess ever? Well, you can be and you can do it on a budget. Buy your paper and plastic goods at the Dollar Store instead of the Party Store and you will save a ton. You can find all kinds of colors and patterns to go with your decor. The menu doesn’t have to blow your budget because I have some Easy Baby Shower Foods On A Budget for you.
10. Have you been planning for retirement? If you said yes, great job, keep it up! If you said no, it’s not too late! Check out Have You Given Much Thought To Retirement? and 3 Things To Boost Your Retirement for some help on saving money while ensuring yourself a comfortable financial future.
There’s always a way to save!
If you just look around and get to thinking you will find ways to save money anytime, anywhere, no matter what the occasion or non-occasion. What other tips do you have for saving money anytime? I would love to hear your favorite ways to save a few dollars, so please feel free to share below.