Do you love homemade bath products?
Well, I have a really cool Homemade Bath Bomb recipe for you to try. This is my daughter’s recipe. She loves anything involving bath and beauty products. She was so excited to make these and share them with you. I really think she has a bright future in blogging!
This homemade bath bomb is simple to make and you know exactly what is going into it which is so important when we are using products on our skin. There are no toxic chemicals or anything that can hurt sensitive skin in this recipe. It’s also very inexpensive to make, so you can make a batch of them and store them in an air tight container in a cool, dry place. Then they are ready to go when you need a lovely smelling, relaxing bath!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tbs epsom salt or kosher salt
- 5-9 drops of lemon juice
- 5-10 drops food coloring
- 1 tbs water
- Combine baking soda and salt
- Combine lemon juice, food coloring and water
- Add tiny portions of wet mixture to the dry mixture until it's all colored
- Let it dry completely (about an hour)
- Put into molds and shape it.
- Leave it out to dry for 5 hours or put it in the freezer
- We used eggs from Easter. You can also use mini muffin tins. They would be perfect too. Or even cookie cutters would be fun.
While you’re here check out my other gift ideas that you can make yourself. Agate Coasters DIY, DIY Floating Candle HOlder, DIY Starburst Mirror, DIY Lemon painted tea towels, DIY upcycled flower vase, diy jewelled candle holder, Abby’s homemade bath bombs, Christmas word search, Deco mesh curly wreath for Christmas, Christmas worksheets for kids and budgeting sheets for saving for Christmas, Lotion to make and give as gifts, Vanilla Goats milk soap diy, and Snowman craft from a creamer bottle!