Gender Reveal Cupcakes are fun for the guests.
Surprise! It’s A ……
Gender Reveal parties are very popular. They are fun for the parents to be and the surprised guests. I love the different and creative ways that some moms and dads have come up with to announce the gender of their baby. I have seen some really clever, funny reveals and also some sweet and tender ones as well. I enjoyed them all and was so happy to be a part of the special day. Since I love to bake and I love sweets, some of my favorite Gender Reveals involve dessert. These adorable Gender Reveal Cupcakes are delicious and they are just too cute! If you are planning a Gender Reveal Party, you and your guests will love them. The individual serving size of a cupcake makes serving a whole lot easier also, which comes in handy especially if you are having a large number of guests at your reveal.
Save Yourself Time In The Kitchen
Gather your ingredients and set them out to make measuring and mixing faster. It saves time to have everything in one place. You won’t have to run back and forth to the refrigerator or pantry to grab another ingredient.
Gender reveal cupcakes are Easier Than You Think!
You will be pleasantly surprised with how easy these Gender Reveal Cupcakes are to make. The end result is so sweet and cute,your guests will be very impressed! They do take a little more time to make, but the end result is so perfect, it’s well worth it! Get the recipe below and be sure to come back and let me know what you think!
What’s your favorite Gender Reveal idea? Please share with me in the comments section below. I love hearing all of your thoughts! While we are on the topic of baby stuff, check out these Nautical Baby Shower Themes and Simple Tips For Creating A Registry Without Getting Stressed Out.
- 3 cups all purpose flour, Stir flour before measuring, then scoop and level each cup carefully
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into Tablespoons
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Blue & Pink Food Coloring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a hand mixer slowly add the butter, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until the butter breaks down and the mixture crumbles, scrap the sides as needed.
- In a large glass measuring cup, measure the milk and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients, Do not overmix.
- Pour roughly ⅓ to ½ the batter into a bowl
- Mix in blue or pink food coloring until you get the color you want
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool for a good 15 minutes.
- Press a small heart shaped cookie cutter in the colored cake and gently pull out the hearts. Cut enough hearts for the amount of cupcakes you need.
- Fill a cupcake pan with paper liners and fill ¼ to ½ full of batter.
- Stick colored hearts in the center of the batter.
- Scoop additional cake batter over the colored heart to fill the cups about ⅔ to ¾ full.
- Be careful not to overfill.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 to 18 minutes until cake is baked and bounces back when touched.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Make 2 batches of Butter Cream Frosting
- Fit a plastic piping bag with large decorating tips
- Draw one thin line of pink food coloring and one thin line of blue food coloring on either side of the plastic bag.
- Gently fill the bag with frosting, being careful not to touch the food coloring with your spatula.
- Twist the end and squeeze until both colors are coming out the tip.
- Pipe a swirl on top of each cupcake, from the outside in towards the center, covering the secret colored heart.
Check out my other baby posts!
Simple tips to make a baby registry without stressing
10 things you must do before baby gets here
3 baby shower decorations that double as gifts
Easy baby shower foods on a budget
7 work at home ideas that don’t involve babysitting
Don’t forget to follow me on pinterest and pin these articles!
Looking for other cupcake ideas? Check out my other cupcake recipes: sour octopus cupcakes, gender reveal cupcakes, cadbury egg cupcakes, basket cupcakes, blueberry cupcakes and minion cupcakes. You can also check out my oreo frosting recipe for your next cupcake adventure!