Do you love baking and decorating dessert for the holidays?
I love making sweet treats for the holidays. With Easter right around the corner, I wanted to share these adorable Easter Basket Cupcakes. They are so simple to make and have a lovely vanilla flavor that everyone will enjoy. They are just too cute and really fun to decorate.
Here are all of the ingredients for our Easter Basket cupcakes ready to go.
The batter is coming together and you will be tempted to taste it!
Here are the cupcakes ready to go in the oven for baking time.
Getting ready to decorate the Easter Basket Cupcakes!
>Without further ado, adorable Easter Basket Cupcakes..
You can find the recipe for these cupcakes below. If you are looking for other sweet Easter treats to make, check out my Easter Fudge Brownies and Easter Egg Nest Sugar Cookies. What is your favorite dessert or treat to make for Easter? I would love it if you shared in the comments below.
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces _each_) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Red shoestring licorice
- Jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 12-cup cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter in a mixer until very creamy, scraping sides as needed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and yolks, one at a time.
- Add the milk, water, and vanilla and blend.
- In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients, in 3 batches to the wet mixture.
- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared cups, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake until the cakes are just firm and spring back when gently pressed 18 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a small bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar; spread over cupcakes.
- Combine water and food coloring in a large resealable plastic bag; add coconut.
- Seal bag and shake to tint.
- Sprinkle over cupcakes.
- Using a metal or wooden skewer, poke a hole in the top on opposite sides of each cupcake.
- Cut licorice into 6-in. strips for handles; insert each end into a hole.
- Decorate with jelly beans.
Don’t forget to check out the other great Easter Content we have for you! Hop around below.
Here’s my other Easter posts. Kool Aid Dyed Easter eggs,Deviled Egg dip, easy and inexpensive Easter table decorations, Easter Egg nest sugar cookies recipe, 10 must haves for Easter baskets and finally the Easter Bunny Craft using a toilet paper tube. I found more recipes and Easter posts! Here’s the how to roast asparagus which is a great Easter side dish, cola baked ham is great for Easter, sunflower chocolate cake made with peeps, how to make chocolate covered peeps, Easter brownies, Whoopie pies with peeps, 300 Easter Printables for Teachers, 250+ Easter Basket Ideas and since it’s Easter how about an article on tips to eat less (needed by me especially at the holidays)! Enjoy!