10 tips to organize your bedroom
Your bedroom should be a special place to begin and end your days. It should be comfortable and uncluttered. When your bedroom isn’t organized, your peaceful space can turn into chaos, and how can you relax when you’re surrounded by chaos? Use some of my tips to organize your bedroom and bring the zen back into your comfort zone.
- Keep electronics out of the bedroom. Some people like to watch TV in bed, but leave cell phones and tablets in another room for the night.
- Clean out your closet seasonally, use under bed storage boxes to store out of season clothing.
- I love shoes and if it wasn’t for having a shoe rack, they would be scattered all over my bedroom. The shoe rack keeps them neat and it’s easy to find a specific pair.
- Clear off dressers and nightstands, clutter creates stress and your bedroom should be a stress free zone.
- Use small bowls or decorative boxes to store small items that would otherwise be tossed onto the dresser or in a drawer.
- If you have a lot of jewelry, get a pretty jewelry box to protect and keep them from getting misplaced.
- Keep a laundry bag or hamper in the bedroom so that dirty clothes can be immediately out of the way and ready for laundry day.
- Utilize wall space by hanging a small shelf to display photos or knick knacks.
- If you share your bedroom with baby, have a baby station set up right by the crib to keep diapers, wipes, lotion, etc. neatly at reach.
- An over the door organizer with hooks is perfect for belts, scarves and other accessories.
How do you organize your bedroom?
By following some of these 10 tips to organize your bedroom you can easily and inexpensively turn your bedroom into a calming space that relaxes you. After all, we have enough going on in our lives that we all need the tranquil oasis of an organized bedroom. Sweet dreams!