My family loves to eat tacos. They are one of our favorite dishes to make and eat. I make them at least once every 2-3 weeks and always with guacamole. Love the guacamole as much as the tacos. Because we are a family of five I’m always looking for simpler ways to do things. I have got my tacos down to a science. We use black beans to stretch our meat and we put in tomatoes and green chilis so we don’t have to cut up tomatoes and for added flavor. Check out my recipe and pics below.
And the recipe:
- ground deer, turkey, or hamburger meat
- can of black beans
- can of rotel or tomatoes and green chilis
- dice up half an onion and saute first
- Dice up half an onion and saute it until it's clear. Add meat and cook until no longer pink. No pink is showing at all. Add your can of black beans after you've rinsed them. Drain the rotel and add half the can. Add 2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes. While simmering cook your taco shells in a 350* oven for 4-5 minutes. Eat and enjoy! Top with sour cream, salsa or whatever you like.
Do you see my mistake in my taco shells baking? I baked two in one! LOL They still tasted great! We love Taco Tuesdays how about you?
And now for our Tasty Tuesday Link up!
This month Tammy from Creative K Kids, Dina from My UN-Entitled Life, and Anna from Family Living on a Budget are running this party on their blogs!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.