What I know
I’m 44 years old and have learned some words of wisdom and words to live by. Here’s what I know so far in this life.
1. I know that pets make you happy and give you someone to talk, love on and take care of. They take care of you too.
2. I know that fair weather friends aren’t there for the right reasons. Know who has your back and move on and let go of the ones who bring nothing but drama to your life.
3. A mature relationship is worth its weight in gold.
4. You will go through a season when you feel like you have no friends. The season doesn’t last. Stick with it and keep on going your new friends are waiting for you to reach out to them. They are better then the ones that left when the going got tough.
5. Life is fragile and precious. Hug and say I love you often. One day you will blink and they will be gone.
6. Be happy no matter how much money you make. It’s a choice. Choose happiness when you can. (I do suffer from depression so I get it’s not always a choice. Just don’t choose that money is what brings you down).
7. You can survive without the latest greatest granite countertops and tiled flooring. It’s not important and it’s just cosmetic. Be happy with a roof over your head and food in your belly.
8. Laughter in your house really is the best medicine. Play board games, eat junk food and laugh with your friends or your children. You won’t ever regret laughing.
9. Work is what you do it’s not who you are. You are so much more than your job. Know that!
10. Exercise makes your heart healthy. Exercise with friends makes your heart happy. Do both.
Life is what you make of it. Learn your lessons and move on with what makes you happy and what’s best for your family. What have you learned as you go through this life?