10 things you must do before the baby gets here!
Having a baby is such a sweet and scary time. It’s sweet because you love that baby so much. It’s scary if you’ve never done it before and you have no idea what to expect. While I won’t be there for those nighttime feedings (thank goodness) here’s 10 things you must do before the baby gets here.
1. Get registered so when you have those fun baby showers you are ready with the items you are going to need.
2. Plan your meals and try to cook ahead and get some meals in the freezer. You have family or friends that will more than likely help but it’s always nice to have some extra meals on hand for when you are too tired to cook.
3. Make sure your car has a full tank of gas. No one wants to stop and get gas when you are about to have a baby!
4. Get the room ready. The baby will come whether the room is ready or not. Try to get the walls painted and the furniture situated the way you want it before the baby comes.
5. Order your unique baby shower invitations. When you order your announcement cards or shower invitation from that site it is so very simple to design your very own card. Make it personal to you, your partner and the sweet new addition. The shower is such a fun time for a new mom. You want those ordered and planned usually around the 6-7th month of pregnancy. This will help with you getting your room set up and the diaper bag prepared for baby.
6. Buy the diaper bag. Prepare the diaper bag with all the items a newborn will need.
7. Purchase and have on hand newborn cloth diapers or disposable diapers. Put some in the diaper bag.
8. You will want to have some prefolds (cloth diapers) to use as burp cloths. They make excellent burp cloths.
9. Plan date nights ahead of the birth and arrange sitters. You will want to connect with your spouse again after it’s been all baby for a few weeks. Go ahead and plan a night out and get the sitter ahead of time.
10. Plan your help if you have a parent that wants to come help you with the baby it’s a great idea to let them. Let them take care of the baby while you get a nap. It’s good for mom and baby to have some time away.
These are the 10 things I thought of off the top of my head. Did I miss anything? What do you feel you need to do before the baby gets here? Leave me a comment! Or what do you think should be in that diaper bag?
Check out my other baby posts!
Simple tips to make a baby registry without stressing
10 things you must do before baby gets here
3 baby shower decorations that double as gifts
Easy baby shower foods on a budget
7 work at home ideas that don’t involve babysitting
Don’t forget to follow me on pinterest and pin these articles!