What to do with tons of zucchini? Make bread!
When your zucchini begins flowing in from the garden you ocasionally miss one or two of them. I missed this monster the other day. I had no choice but to make zucchini bread out of it. Once a zucchini reaches a certain size it’s not very good to eat. But it’s really great to shred and put in bread, brownies, etc. Yum. Check out how big that zucchini was.
Crazy that this zucchini was hiding from me. I never saw it. When I cut it to take it in the plant fell down. It was being propped up by the zucchini. LOL My kids and family have happy bellies.
Check out my Zucchini Bread recipe below.
- 3 eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c grated zucchini
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves (i didn't have and left it out, tastes great without it)
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 c nuts (left out)
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Mix lightly but well. Mixing lightly add dry ingredients that you already mixed together. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 325* for one hour. After out of the oven for 10 minutes ease off the sides of the pan with a fork and put a plate on top of the pan and invert them both so that bread slides out onto plate. Let cool. Eat. Repeat with more zucchini.
Oh it was so good. Have leftover zucchini this is a great way to use it. Freeze it to be included in bread and brownies. If you use it in brownies the zucchini replaces the oil. Zucchini is very moist and rich in water content.
This month, Dina from My UN-Entitled Life and Keitha from The Bajan Texan are running this party on their blogs!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.