5 Beauty Solutions straight from your kitchen
There’s not always a reason to purchase a product. We used to make do with what we had. Now we go try to purchase a solution. Let’s go back in time and use what we have and stop the senseless purchasing. It’s funny really I needed a loose tea infuser the other day. Everyone used to have these in their home 30 years ago. Now no one does. My mom has a half of one…she has no idea where the other half is. That’s not helpful. I laughed because I didn’t want to purchase something that I may use infrequently. I had no solution. No clue what to do. My brilliant mother (I’ll deny that if you tell her I called her that) said, “well what we used to do was drop the tea in and then strain it back out. I have a strainer. Duh! Let’s look more to what’s in our kitchen then finding quick fixes in spending way too much money on overpriced products.
Here’s 5 simple beauty tips that come straight from your own kitchen.
1. Tea bags (used even and then placed in the fridge) will reduce bags under your eyes. The caffeine constricts blood vessels and makes the puffiness fade away. Leave on for 10 minutes and look at the difference.
2. Honey placed on pimples reduce inflammation and decrease redness. Honey has antibacterial properties so it really does work on pimples, and it’s fairly cheap compared to big name products.
3. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your face. Warm it in your hands and apply it to moisturize your face, neck and hands. Notice the difference and feel smarter for using what you already had.
4. Coconut oil also makes a great hair conditioner. Just use it sparingly. You don’t want to fight to get that out of your hair, dime size or less please!
5. Beer is great for your hair. I still remember my mom putting it on her hair when we were growing up. It has biotin in it which builds up the hair. The alcohol will clean it and increase shine.
I say let’s all look in our kitchen for solutions to our beauty issues. It’s a great way to save money and look great too! What do you use in your kitchen to help your beauty regimen?
My girl loves to create homemade beauty solutions from our kitchen. She has a homemade lip balm and she’s even made her own lip color recipe. Oh, she also makes her own honey mask. She’s so much fun. I love having a daughter that takes an interest in my wallet by making her own beauty products. She’s frugal and smart! Check out my daughter’s sugar scrub recipe on youtube (and subscribe while you’re there).