Have you wondered how to buy clothing on a budget?
I get this question a lot. I have a growing family. Like many families we struggle to get the bills paid and food on the table. How do you clothe a family of 5 on a budget of $20 a month. Let me explain! It’s really not that difficult.
Here’s how to buy clothing on a budget.
- Shop at your local thrift store on .99 days. That’s when I get the majority of my clothes for my kids, my husband and myself. I get nice quality items that I know will last a long time. I thoroughly inspect the clothes for missing buttons, stains, or broken zippers.
- Shop at local yard sales. I love to go and find the deals. I have found brand new clothing with the tags still on. Shoes that have never been worn as well. I always go for good brands.
- They all get underwear and socks for Christmas.
- Shoes are bought once a year right before school starts with coupons and % off if I can find it. We also buy shoes at a yard sale if they are in really good shape.
- Shopping the clearance racks at the end of the seasons. I have a Target close to me that puts their clothes at a great price. When it’s getting close to those prices going way down I check in occasionally. I love a good deal.
I love to feel like my children are very well clothed even on a budget. Getting them quality items at a great price makes me a happy mom. I have a teenage son and he is trickier to buy for. But he goes with me and approves any items we buy. There’s a great outlet store close to us that has some great sales around the first of December. That’s when I’ll be going in and stocking up for next year.
How do you buy clothing on a budget?
How do you save money on your clothing budget? Do you even buy clothing on a budget? Share with me in a comment!