If you’ve read my blog at all you know that we do not have a lot of extra money. We’ve done homemade gifts for years. My family expects it and knows that whatever I come up with I have put some time and effort into it. So, I thought I’d combine a list of the things I’ve made over the years inexpensively. I hope you make them too.
8 Inexpensive Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
1. My mom has a kindle. I borrowed it over the weekend and have downloaded all the free books I can on it for her to read later. That is a free gift idea as she has no idea how to download books onto her kindle. 🙂
2. Make her dinner. I plan on this week making a menu so that I can make her a meal on her special day. I may do it during the week and just have her over. I’m thinking a yummy quiche with blueberry muffins and juice and then I’ll rent us a movie on redbox and just spend some quality time with her. That’s all they want anyway!
3. Help her clean her house either inside or outside. Her choice. She loves to work out in the yard so it’ll be interesting to see what she chooses for me to do for her. You could also do one of those coupon books and make 3 or 4. Do her laundry, her dishes, clean her house, vacuum or clean bathrooms. This costs you nothing and isn’t it always nice to have someone else clean your home?
4. Make her a dvd of the pictures either from the computer or video them and add music in the background. I did this in the past and everyone loved it. It costs you very little and you can google it to get directions on how too.
5. Find out her favorite treat and make it for her. If she loves chocolate no bake cookies make those and take them to her for a surprise afternoon with a nice cup of tea or coffee. If you can find a nice expensive cup and saucer at a thrift store to give to her with the gift inside that’s a cute way to present it.
6. Make her this facial scrub recipe and give it to her in a sweet ball jar with ribbon tied around it. It’s made all from things you have in the kitchen.
7. Make her this quick and easy sunflower cake. It uses a box cake mix and leftover peeps!
8. I’ve also made shirts that have my kids hands on it with the fingers going down. It says hands down you’re the best grandma around. Do it in primary colors or girly colors. Either way she’ll have a shirt made with her grandbabies hands all over it. So cute!
What inexpensive Mother’s Day gift ideas can you share with us? Let me know because I may try to make it this year. Thanks for reading!
Check out some of my other posts on Mother’s Day. You can find 5 Ways to have a perfect afternoon with Mom without breaking the bank, Or make her some gifts with 285 Homemade Pinterest Ideas for Mother’s Day, Free Mother’s Day printables are fun for the kids to do and you to see their answers. Or you can utilize 70 Inexpensive ideas for Mother’s Day, or some great ideas for kids to do with mom 8 fun ideas to make with the kids for Mother’s Day. Don’t forget to check out all our great free printables for Mother’s Day and more!