Shamrock Sugar Cookies are so much fun to make with the kids.
Seeing as how the kids are always eating me out of house and home, I decided to make some Shamrock Sugar Cookies and they turned out magically delicious. I made the cookie dough and rolled it into a roll wrapped it in saran wrap and stuck it in the refrigerator so it could firm up. Then I went about making a stencil so that I could put the sugar on the top in a shamrock pattern. Here’s how I did it.
Shamrock Sugar Cookies
I borrowed this recipe from Allrecipes.com. I am always looking up new recipes there.
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
1 egg, lightly beaten (egg should be at room temperature)
3 Tablespoons half-and-half
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions for Shamrock Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together sugars, shortening and butter. Mix in the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Stir in vanilla and salt and stir until well blended.
- Roll dough place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Slice and then top with sugar inside of your stencil you made.
- Eat, voila!