I have seen some of the United States. I’ve not been west of the Mississippi River. I’ve traveled extensively through out the southern US. But I really do want to see more of the world. On my honeymoon we went on a cruise. We visited the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas. That is as far out of the country as I have been. I dream of traveling and really living.
Here’s my top 5 places I want to visit before I die.
1. Paris, France I want to stroll down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and pop in to the cafes and specialty shops. I want to see the Eiffel Tower from my hotel room. My daughter has even done her room in a Parisian theme. I took 3 years of French and remember some. I’d probably be the worst person attempting to speak French in Paris!
2. England Since I did a high school paper on Stonehenge it’s made me want to visit those great big monuments and feel the enormity of them. I’d also take in the country side outside of London. I dream of riding that big double decker bus and seeing the city as well as the country.
3. While I’m in the area I would want to also visit Scotland and Ireland. Might as well make a trip out of it and view that lush countryside while having lunch at an Irish pub.
4. Venice, Italy I’m sure I want to see more than just Venice but I saw a friends pictures of him and his beautiful wife travelling in a gondola and it looked amazing. I want to eat the food, drink the wine and ride the gondola. I want the Italian dream I have in my head.
5. I’d love to visit the Northern United States. Including but not limited too Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Northern California. I want to see the huge trees and dense forests.
There’s so many places I’d love to visit. I know that regardless of where I go I will look for online coupons to use before I travel there. Seeing as I did get to travel to Chicago last year, it showed me I’m not a big city girl. I have no desire to go to NYC for instance. Instead I’ll focus on seeing the countryside and enjoying the ride that takes me there. Do you like to travel? Where have you gone?