I made a really quick and easy meal last night for dinner. I thought I might get some complaints but everyone just happily ate the meal I put together. It was fast and it tasted yummy. When I think about how the price of a Fast fixin meal compares to a fast food meal I found that Fast Fixin is very quick and much less costly then picking up a dinner. This way I can control the sides and thus control the salt and fat. Fast Fixin makes a great chicken nugget that is made all from the breast meat of the chicken. It has 20 % less fat and calories then others on the market. I found a great recipe that is actually really close to a dish I make. A new way to make and use nuggets:
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Fast Fixin’ Chicken Nuggets
1 (10 oz) package of frozen, chopped broccoli
1/3 package of extra wide egg noodles (can use yolk-free or any other type pasta)
Vegetable cooking spray
½ (10 ¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
¼- ½ (10 ¾ oz) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted (can substitute cream of potato soup)
½ cup skim milk
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen chicken nuggets flat on baking sheet, 6- 8 nuggets per casserole. Bake chicken nuggets 12-15 minutes, to bake nuggets evenly on both sides, turn nuggets over halfway through baking time, return tray to oven and complete baking.
- While oven is preheating and chicken nuggets are baking:
- Cook noodles per package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Cook broccoli according to package instructions without adding salt or fat, drain well, set aside.
- Combine soups, milk, and lemon juice in small bowl, stirring well to blend.
- Coat 2- quart baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the cooked broccoli on the prepared baking dish.
- When chicken nuggets are done baking, lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Chop- quarter chicken nuggets into smaller pieces (small crouton size pieces). Mix with the cooked, drained noodles. Arrange layer of nuggets-noodles over broccoli.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over casserole. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- For complete meal- serve casserole along with fresh or canned fruit or sliced fresh tomatoes or red peppers. (Note: if want “spicier” version of casserole, can sprinkle few drops of hot Tabasco sauce on top when serving)
I made their Country Fried Steak. But I can’t wait to try their chicken nuggets and their chicken parm. Here’s my pics of the meal I made.
and finally our dinner!
Ok for the record that is my husband’s dinner. I do not put that much gravy on mine nor do I use butter. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway. Two winners will win 2 free bags of Fast Fixin products. You can choose from chicken nuggets, country fried steak, chicken parmigiana and so much more! Enjoy! Enter to win some great free products that taste great too!
I was given free coupons for Fast Fixin dinners so that I could review this product. It did not affect my opinion of the product. This is an honest review of my opinion and it may differ from yours.