We just bought a house. It’s the perfect house for us to retire in. Looking at houses is so fun. Let’s not get caught up in all the things we don’t necessarily need but focus on what we do need in a home. St. Louis homes for sale gives you a good view of the market and what’s available. Make sure you think about what it is that you need in a home to retire in. Here are the 5 things we thought were important when we looked at homes.
1. Retirees should look at one level homes. That second level becomes a problem should you break a hip or get sick and not be able to climb stairs. One level homes are going to allow you to stay in your home much longer.
2. Price is a huge factor for people who are retiring. Your budget should determine which house you buy. Ideally you would buy one you can pay off almost immediately and not have a house note. However, if that’s not an option, then find one that fits easily into your budget and leaves you leftover money every single month. Don’t forget to factor in property taxes and insurance into your payment.
3. Find a home located close to shopping, doctors and a park. Now that you have the time why not go out daily and exercise. Walk to the store, doctor or to the park and get those steps in. Location, location, location is often heard when looking for property. It’s so true. Find a good location for you.
4. Leisure activities are important too. Look at the town you are moving too and make sure that they have good activities for you to do. My town has a very active Senior Center, walking trails, shopping and so much more. Make sure before you purchase you think about what leisure activities you’d like to have close to you at your new home.
5. Finally, pick the house you love. This will probably be your last place to live. Make sure it is a place that you love and want to be in a long time. Get the amenities you want and have a great time. Retiring is just the beginning.
Go out and enjoy that day while looking at beautiful new to you homes.
I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for St Louis homes
for sale and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.