Are you noticing a trend that has recently changed? Did you go from losing a few pounds to not being able to lose any at all? Check out my 5 reasons why you’re not losing weight and see what it is that you need to change!
5 Reasons you’re not losing weight!
1. You’re not eating enough protein. Protein is a great way to keep hunger at bay. So make sure that you’re getting at least 25-30 % of your calories from protein. It’s a great way to curb your appetite and keep you full. Proteins are things like chicken, pinto or black beans, lentils, string cheese and beef are all good sources of protein.
2. You’re still eating or drinking sugar. Cut that sugar out of your drinks and your food. Then you will be able to better keep the weight off. When you eat sugar it makes you crave sugar more. So maybe do a sugar detox and try to get off of it. After the first 3 days (which will be so dang hard) you will be like I’m not hungry nor do I have cravings! It’s a win/win.
3. You’re not doing Cardio. It’s crazy that in the last 10 years or so Cardio has gotten a bad rap. Yes it does make you hungry but it also is a great way to burn a lot of calories. I do work out with a good hard cardio kickboxing routine two days a week and I walk two days a week to get my burn in. You can always just walk. You have to start somewhere and starting is so much better than never getting off your duff and working out!
4. You’re not drinking enough water. Drinking water gives your body an extra calorie burn. Just by drinking water…you must drink you water. If you are drinking water maybe increase how many glasses you get each day. Your body needs to be properly hydrated to work properly. So the more water you drink the better your body works. Who doesn’t want a calorie burn just from drinking water? Am I right?
5. You’re drinking too much alcohol. I bet you didn’t know that was a thing. Alcohol turns to sugar when you drink it so you may as well be drinking a soda. Leave the alcohol behind and watch the weight fall off! It’s better in the long run anyway!
Which of these tips do you need to ramp up to increase your weight loss? Leave me a comment! Me…drinking sugary drinks. I drink about half water and half sugary drinks during the day. I need to cut back to one sugary drink and the rest water and I know my body will thank me!