As a busy mom there’s so many ways I don’t get everything I need to get done during the day done. I get distracted and can chase a squirrel with the best of them. So I wanted to gather up 10 helpful tips to help you free up your day and get more done. Leaving you more time for you, your family or your hobbies.
1. Schedule your day. For instance when I get up I begin getting the kids ready for school. After returning home from dropping them off I then start my laundry with my all free clear. My daughter, son and myself all have sensitive skin and this is the detergent for sensitive skin. It’s dermatologists tested recommended by Allergists, Pediatricians and picky sensitive skinned moms like me. It’s 100% hypoallergenic which is helpful because of my rosacea among other reasons. After I start laundry I’m right there by my freezer so I then set out what we’re having for dinner that night. If I don’t get that done then I’m scrambling at 5pm to find dinner. If I’m scrambling at 5 then we are eating out. There’s 5 people in my family and we can’t afford to eat out! So schedule your day and plan your meals. If you fail to plan you plan to fail.
2. Plan your meals around what you already have on hand. This way you’re not running into the store every other day when you need just one thing to make that meal.
3. Plan your meals for the week on Sunday. You can plan them around your weekly sales to take advantage of the savings. But by making a plan you are preparing yourself for the week.
4. Stay off the computer. Easier said then done right? Especially for me. But when I’m not on the internet I’m paying more attention to my kids, my house and life. Our family deserves the best me I can be. That means I need to take my own advice and get off the computer.
5. Assign the kids chores to do to help you around the house. The normal chores my kids do are taking care of their bathroom, sweeping and mopping floors and doing dishes. We have a night a week that everyone does the dishes. That way mom gets a break. Mom always needs a break.
6.If you have kids that can help let them clean the house on the weekend. That way your house is ready for the work week.
7. Find activities the kids can do so you can get a few minutes to yourself. I have filled a sink with bubbles and let them pretend to wash dishes so I could get a workout in or read a few pages. My kids also liked painting the fence with water or the sidewalk with water.
8. Use a calendar to keep up with when your bills are due and get them paid when they come in. Or use bill pay and schedule them in advance. Bill pay saves me time and money I’m so glad my bank has this feature.
9. Schedule all your errands when you will be out anyway. I always schedule them first thing after dropping off the kids or right after picking them up. That way I’m already out and not wasting gas going out again later.
10. Handle all your bills one time. Open the mail pay the ones that need to be paid and then file them. Don’t handle the bills, look at them and put them in a pile. Okay I’ll admit I’m the worse at this. I’m the one who places it in a pile and deals with it later. But if I’d just take 3 minutes a day to throw away junk mail, pay bills and file them then I wouldn’t be filing and dealing with those papers a second time.
When you free up your time in your day it allows you more time to spend on either pampering yourself or spend it doing what you want to do. Why not free up time in your day and enjoy your life more. This is the only life we get. We only get one. Make it count. I wnat to be free to be me. How do you plan to free up time in your day to either pamper yourself or spend it with your family.