Looking for 5 ways to reduce your carbon footprint this Earth Day?
and now the 5 ways to reduce your carbon footprint this Earth Day on April 22, 2015
There are many ways to cut back on what we are doing to our Earth. Why not try to implement one or two of these this Earth Day and see how it changes your life.
1. Buy less stuff. I have made it a point this year to not bring more junk into my house. So that means I’ll have less to get rid of later. It’s a conscious effort I have to make every day!
2. Get rid of anything you’ve not used for a year. I’m trying so hard to reduce the amount of items I have. We’ve been in our house for 15 years so we have a lot of stuff. Donating it has been a great way to reduce items and give them a second chance to be used again.
3. Shop thrift shops and resale shops. Why not reuse items someone else was tired of. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff that still had a lot of life left in it. I also tend to shop at resale shops so I can get more bang for my buck and I get to repurpose another item.
4. See if you can shop or see medical professionals within 4 miles of your house. This ensures you’re reducing gas costs. You could even then bike there and further reduce your impact. This is obviously easier for people who live in the city then it is for those living in the country. Getting closer even a little bit helps. This is also good for your body if you end up walking or biking there.
5. Garden! Turn your yard into a food plot! I love my garden and feed my family yummy food for 5 months out of the year. I also planted blueberry bushes and will reap some yummy rewards from these bushes this year. When you garden you cut out your groceries being driving from all over the country to your local store. Why not grow it yourself and learn some valuable self sufficient skills.
Check out my other Earth Day posts and ways to help the Earth. You can find 10 activities that you can do with kids to help the Earth. This ones really important it’s 3 chemicals to get out of your house immediately. Or have you read 10 little things you can do to be a tiny bit greener! And let’s not forget going green while on vacation. Here’s a list of great homemade cleaning recipes that will help you clean and be green. Happy Earth Day!