Cadbury Cream Egg Cupcakes For Easter
Easter is one of my favorite holidays and I would be lying if I said Cadbury Cream Eggs have nothing to do with it. I love those little chocolate-y, creamy, delicious eggs. If you are also a fan then you will go crazy over these Cadbury Cream Egg Cupcakes! Trust me, they are so good you may have to hide them from yourself so you don’t eat them all.
My dh can eat Cadbury eggs year round. He loves them. He loves them so that I have to buy a lot of them before and after Easter to tide him over until next year at this time. I am the lover of cupcakes. I have been craving cupcakes and cupcakes like this are just to die for. To combine Cadbury Cream Eggs and Cupcakes is just a win/win in my book. This is a cupcake recipe that is sure to make any chocolate lover happy. It made me happy just looking at it. What are two things you’d like to see combined in a cupcake recipe? Let me know and I’ll try to make it happen.
Do you have a favorite dessert recipe for Easter that uses candy in the ingredients? I would love if you share it with me in the comments below.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tbs salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk, whole
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup or cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with paper liners
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of milk for about 1 minute, stirring half way. Stir until chocolate chips are melted. Set to the side
- Cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Now add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Take the cooled melted chocolate and add to the creamed butter
- Begin to whisk the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate cocoa.
- Add the dry mix into the wet ingredients slowly alternating with adding the milk while mixing with a hand or standing mixer.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake tin, filling a little up to 3/4 of the way
- Take your Cadbury eggs and place them in the center pushing it downs the cake mix covers it
- Bake for 23-26 minutes, checking doneness by testing with a toothpick should be cake free
- Allow to cool for 1 minute in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips with the heavy cream for about 1 minute, stirring half way.
- Stir until smooth and all chocolate chips have melted.
- Dip the cupcake in the bowl of ganache lightly twisting in motion to cover the whole area .
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- Beat the softened butter on its own until smooth.
- Add coca chocolate and powdered sugar alternately with heavy cream until a smooth, thick texture.
- If frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Use a piping bag fitted with a medium sized tip of your choice to frost, or cut the corner off a gallon size zip-top bag filled with the frosting.
- To frost like a pro...
- Place the cupcake on a flat surface in front of you. Grasp the pastry bag from the top pushing the frosting down as you slide your hand down the pastry bag. Once you start to see frosting come out of the dip twist the top of the pastry bag tight. Use a clip or a rubber band to secure the bag.
- Now begin to frost the cupcake going around in one smooth motion do not stop!
- Once you have completed the first circle begin the second one onto the first one as shown below.
- Continue this process until you have covered the whole area. Now make a small peak at the top similar to how you would serve frozen yogurt a wee little twist and bam there it is a perfect frosted cupcake like a pro!
- Drizzle with fudge or caramel, you can also sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or even more chocolate chips. The more the better!
Looking for other cupcake ideas? Check out my other cupcake recipes: sour octopus cupcakes, gender reveal cupcakes, cadbury egg cupcakes, basket cupcakes, blueberry cupcakes and minion cupcakes. You can also check out my oreo frosting recipe for your next cupcake adventure!