I have really been wanting to update my bathroom because it’s so boring. I know, I know, it’s a bathroom, how exciting is it going to get, right? But, I still feel like it needs a makeover. I started looking into getting my entire bathroom redone and it’s really expensive and would take a lot of time! So, I decided to find a faster, easier (and less pricey) way to update my bathroom and now I am going to share it with you. Here are 5 quick and easy ways to update your bathroom.
1. Paint the bathroom. I like to get a paint with primer built in and I try to choose a pretty, neutral tone that will go with a wide range of other colors. Currently my bathroom walls are a soft, pale gray, so I don’t have to worry about anything clashing or looking out of place. Once your canvas is painted, it’s time to get to the fun stuff!
2. Start with your bathroom faucets. A faucet is no longer just a faucet. It’s almost a work of art! Find one you love and you are well on your way to updating your bathroom. Check out Danze for a wide variety of beautiful, stylish bathroom faucets. (Yes, I just described bathroom faucets as beautiful and stylish; go take a look!)
3. Once you have chosen your new bathroom faucet, move on to hardware. You can replace knobs on cabinet doors, towel racks, toilet tissue holders and hooks. For a quick and easy change you can paint your towel racks, hooks, lighting fixtures and cabinet knobs. I love the hammered nickel look. I’ve done that on my towel rack, fan, lighting in my bathroom. It’s a quick way for about 3.47 to change a look. You get the hammered nickel spray paint at your local hardware store. Looks for pieces that compliment the material and design of the bathroom faucet that you chose.
4. Accessories like shower curtains, liners, hooks, water cups, toothbrush holders and soap dishes can completely change the look of your bathroom. I like to change the accessories with the seasons. I go for warmer, darker color schemes during the Fall and Winter, while choosing bright, vibrant colors and prints during the Spring and Summer. It’s another inexpensive way to make a noticeable change.
5. Now it’s time for the finishing touches. I love adding something that not only appeals to the eyes, but also to the nose. Scented candles, essential oils, potpourri, fragrance sachets, scented bath beads, soaps and bubble baths in your favorite fragrances are all perfect choices for your bathroom.
It doesn’t have to be a long, drawn out, super expensive process to update your bathroom. Something as simple as changing your bathroom faucet can make a world of a difference in the look and feel of your bathroom. Use my 5 quick and easy ways to update your bathroom and you will be enjoying your lovely, made over bathroom in no time!