7 Tips for Organizing your Living Room
My family loves to gather together in the living room, watch TV together, play games and just hang out. As you can guess, the living room gets lots of traffic! At the end of the day, you will find everything from backpacks and toys to cell phones and magazines all over our living room. I always do my best to keep the living room neat and organized because you never know when unexpected company may come to visit. I know it can seem impossible, but here are 7 tips to help you get your living room organized.
- If your kids play in the living room daily, consider a small toy box to help keep things under control.
- Use bins, boxes or bowls as catchalls on the coffee table. Instead of just tossing things on the table, this gives a neater more organized appearance.
- Don’t let clutter build. Every night before you go to bed, take 15 minutes to clean up and put things back in their correct place.
- A wall unit or entertainment center is perfect for storing dvd’s, books, knick knacks, and other small items.
- Keep a small covered wastepaper basket for trash that may otherwise get left on the sofa or coffee table.
- A storage ottoman is great for kicking your feet up, but it’s also perfect to hold video games, magazines or even spare bedding.
- Store board games for family game night in a wicker basket that slides under the coffee table
With a little bit of time and effort, your living room can be the most organized room in the house. Use my 7 tips for organizing your living room and before you know it, you’ll be on the sofa with some popcorn and a good movie or maybe a glass of wine!