7 Natural Cold Remedies
Cold season is in full effect and it seems like everyone has the sniffles. When you catch a cold, what do you reach for when you need some relief? If you don’t feel comfortable taking medication, try some of these 7 natural cold remedies and feel better sooner.
- Vitamin C helps the immune system. When you feel a cold coming on, take 500mg of Vitamin C every couple of hours for 24 hours.
- Saline solution, either store bought or homemade can help clear clogged noses and sinuses.
- Suck on Zinc lozenges to reduce the duration of your cold by a few days.
- Warm green tea is soothing and will help you feel better.
- Add honey and lemon to hot water or tea. Honey has natural antiviral and antibacterial properties and the lemon has Vitamin C.
- Soup can help soothe bronchial tubes and clear a runny nose. It’s also comforting when you aren’t feeling well.
- Eat lots of fresh garlic or take a garlic supplement for cold relief.
There are many natural remedies for the common cold to choose from, but I have found that these 7 remedies are very effective. Try these 7 natural ways to treat a cold and let us know which is your new go-to cold remedy.